(KRON) — Tom Hanks confirmed Wednesday that he and his wife Rita Wilson have tested positive for coronavirus.
The couple is currently in Australia and said they began to feel flu-like symptoms, the actor announced on social media.
Hanks said they felt tired, had colds and some body aches. Rita had chills that came and went, along with fevers.
As a precaution, the couple was tested for COVID-19 and the result came back positive.
Tom and Rita will be tested, observed and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires.
“Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We’ll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves!” he wrote on Instagram.
Latest News Headlines:
- Woman says she wasn’t allowed on AA flight because of ‘see-through’ mask
- ‘A pillar and stalwart’: Oldest living American dies at 116
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84
- FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting, police say
- Here’s when Dr. Fauci expects decision on J&J vaccine