Toxic blue-green algae found in the Lafayette reservoir

News

Toxic blue-green algae was recently found in the Lafayette reservoir.

Exposure to blue-green algae can result in rashes and eye irritation and other allergic reactions.

In extreme cases at higher levels, people can become very sick and even die.

Your furry companions are also at risk. No pets are allowed in the water.

To stay cool and hydrated, officials recommend filling up on clean tap water, located at the reservoirs new bottle-filling station.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:

>>MORE STORIES

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tracking COVID-19 in the Bay Area

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News