The playoff-contending Oakland Athletics have acquired starter Tanner Roark from the Cincinnati Reds, filling out a rotation that also could have left-hander Sean Manaea back soon.
Oakland dealt outfield prospect Jameson Hannah to Cincinnati. The Reds are sending Oakland $2.1 million to offset much of the $3,225,806 remaining in Roark’s $10 million salary.
The A’s began the day a half-game out of the second AL wild-card spot.
Roark lasted a season-low 3 1/3 innings during Cincinnati’s 11-4 loss to the Pirates on Tuesday. He is 6-7 in 21 starts with a 4.24 ERA and can become a free agent after the season.
Manaea struck out eight in six innings of a rehab start at Triple-A this week. He’s likely to get one more rehab start before being activated. He had shoulder surgery last September.
- Cinemark reopens more Bay Area theatres
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state
- 30 officers injured during Philadelphia police shooting riots
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared
- PG&E: All customers to have power restored by Tuesday night