President Trump is threatening to cut off FEMA funds for California due to what he’s calling a problem with the state’s wildfire preparedness.
“Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forrest Management, would never happen,” the president tweeted. “Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!” he tweeted Wednesday.
This tweet comes just a day after Gov. Gavin Newsom held a press conference with fire officials regarding fire prevention.
Here’s what Gov. Newsom had to say about Trump’s latest tweet:
- POLICE SEARCH FOR MAN CAUGHT ON CAMERA LICKING FAMILY’S DOORBELL
- SANTA CRUZ WOMAN SAYS IT TOOK 28 HOURS TO DRIVE FROM LAKE TAHOE
- SISTERS, 14 AND 12, CHARGED WITH FATALLY STABBING, SHOOTING MOTHER
- NAPA TEEN ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY PLANNING MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING
- MAN SAYS 3 SYRINGES FOUND IN RECTUM AREN’T HIS