SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Twitter announced it will be shutting down Periscope, the live-streaming video app.
Periscope applications will discontinue at the end of March 2021.
“We appreciate all the support, learnings, and broadcasts from our vibrant creator community,” the Periscope Twitter account tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
“The truth is that the Periscope app is in an unsustainable maintenance-mode state, and has been for a while. Over the past couple of years, we’ve seen declining usage and know that the cost to support the app will only continue to go up over time,” according to the statement from Twitter.
- California urged to move inmates to front of vaccine line
- Lawmakers seek to award officer Eugene Goodman with Congressional Gold Medal for Capitol riots heroism
- San Jose police search for ‘armed and dangerous’ suspect who shot at them
- Biden picks UCSF professor David Kessler as chief science officer
- Capitol rioter aimed ‘to take hostages,’ prosecutor says