BAGHDAD (AP) – Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has warned that a “harsh retaliation is waiting” for the U.S. after the airstrike on Baghdad airport that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force.
The Iranian state TV carried a statement by Khamenei also calling Soleimani “the international face of resistance.”
Khamenei declared three days of public mourning for the general’s death.
- CDC urges school districts to prepare for coronavirus outbreak
- Loughlin, Giannulli set for October trial in college scam
- Panera launches $8.99 unlimited monthly coffee subscription program
- Olive Garden giving 4 free desserts to people born on Feb. 29 to make up for lost birthdays
- MLB appoints 1st black umpire crew chief