Uber is developing technology that would help drivers identify if a passenger is drunk or sober using artificial intelligence.
According to BBC, the ridesharing giant has a pending application with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the technology.
Drivers would look for red flags such as typos, how precisely a user clicks on links and buttons, walking speed, and how long it takes to request a ride, CNN revealed.
Drivers would have the option of canceling a ride if a person is too intoxicated.
Users could also be matched with a driver who has relevant experience.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION