The U.C. Berkeley Police Department sent a community advisory to students and staff Wednesday after receiving a bomb threat.
Police say there is no reason to believe any explosives have been sent to or placed on campus.
The bomb threat was anonymous and did not include any specifics.
Authorities are asking students and staff to stay vigilant and report any suspicious packages or items.
To report anything suspicious, contact UCPD at 510-642-6760 (24-hr, non-emergency).
The university received this bomb threat the same day former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is scheduled to speak.
Spicer will be speaking at a free event sponsored by the Berkeley College Republicans.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- FIRST IMAGES INSIDE NOTRE DAME SHOW DAMAGE AFTER FIRE
- BAY AREA REACTS TO DEVASTATING FIRE AT NOTRE DAME
- NOOSE FOUND AT CHASE CENTER CONSTRUCTION SITE
- BICYCLIST SERIOUSLY INJURED IN BERKELEY HIT-AND-RUN
- VIDEO: OAKLAND PD CRACKING DOWN ON SIDESHOWS