SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Kobe Bryant’s wife Vanessa has released her first public statement following the tragic death of her husband and 13-year-old daughter Gigi.
Vanessa’s statement was posted to Instagram Wednesday along with a photo of the Bryant family.
She thanked the millions of people showing her family support, acknowledged how devastated she and her three daughters are, and offered condolences to the crash victims’ families.
Kobe, Gianna, and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash Sunday in Calabasas.
The group was headed to the Mamba Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks for a basketball tournament.
Vanessa and Kobe married in 2001. Together, they had four daughters.
- NBA inducts Kobe Bryant into basketball Hall of Fame
- Vanessa Bryant ‘devastated’ by report deputies shared crash photos
- LA deputies shared graphic photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene: report
- Kobe and Gianna Bryant honored in Staples Center memorial service
- Lakers GM reveals Kobe Bryant’s last moments: ‘Kobe’s last human act was heroic’