SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Kobe Bryant’s wife Vanessa has released her first public statement following the tragic death of her husband and 13-year-old daughter Gigi.
Vanessa’s statement was posted to Instagram Wednesday along with a photo of the Bryant family.
She thanked the millions of people showing her family support, acknowledged how devastated she and her three daughters are, and offered condolences to the crash victims’ families.
Kobe, Gianna, and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash Sunday in Calabasas.
The group was headed to the Mamba Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks for a basketball tournament.
Vanessa and Kobe married in 2001. Together, they had four daughters.
- Remembering Kobe Bryant on his 42nd birthday
- Orange County Board of Supervisors officially declare ‘8/24’ as ‘Kobe Bryant Day’
- Vanessa Bryant shares message to Kobe Bryant on Father’s Day
- Vanessa Bryant urges Congress to pass ‘Kobe and Gianna Bryant’ helicopter safety bill
- Report: Kobe Bryant pilot may have been disoriented in fog