BARCELONA (KRON) — The father of a Bay Area man who went missing in Barcelona has confirmed that he was killed during the terror attacks.
Jared Tucker is from Lafayette.
He was there with his wife Heidi Nunes celebrating their first wedding anniversary.
Tucker leaves behind three daughters.
His family was unable to get a hold of him after the attacks, and his wife couldn’t find him at any of the area hospitals.
It wasn’t until Friday that they discovered he had been killed.
Tucker’s wife recognized her husband when the FBI showed her photos of people who died in the attack, according to Tucker’s father.
She was then brought to the morgue where she identified his body.
Tucker’s parents are still trying to grasp what has happened to their son.
“My wife just came out of surgery two days ago, and so needless to say she’s pretty much in shock, his father said.
“It’s hard to understand,” he told KRON4.
Tucker and his father worked together installing swimming pools.
The family has a GoFundMe account to help with the funeral expenses.
— Maureen Kelly (@KRON4MKelly) August 18, 2017
MORE BARCELONA TERROR ATTACK COVERAGE:
- Spanish nationals react to deadly Barcelona terror attack
- Spanish police shoot, kill several people near Barcelona
- ISIS claims responsibility for Barcelona van attack
- The Latest: VP Pence calls Barcelona attack ‘horrific’
- 13 dead, 100 injured in Barcelona terror attack