LOS ANGELES (AP) – “Black Panther” is well on its way to a record-making weekend at the North American box office.
The Walt Disney Co. estimates Friday that the superhero movie earned $25.2 million from its Thursday preview screenings.
It’s the second biggest for a Marvel Studios film behind “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which earned $27.6 million in previews, and the best for the month of February.
Preview screenings typically begin with 7pm Thursday showings.
“Black Panther” is now pacing to earn somewhere between $172 and $198 million across the four-day holiday weekend. It will far surpass the previous February record held by “Deadpool” which took in $152.2 million in 2016.
Internationally, the film has grossed $47 million in its first three days with strong showings in the U.K. and Korea.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE: FLORIDA GUNMAN CONFESSED TO HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING
- SOURCES: SUSPECT ACCUSED IN DEADLY STABBING HAD DISTURBING PAST
- HERO COACH, FUTURE COLLEGE SWIMMER AMONG FLORIDA VICTIMS
- ‘ROUND 2 OF FLORIDA’ SNAPCHAT THREAT LEADS TO ARREST
- TEEN BRUTALLY STABBED, LEFT FOR DEAD NEAR LIVERMORE IDENTIFIED
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE