MONTEREY (KRON/CNN) — Experts question how a dead humpback whale washed ashore over the weekend near Monterey.
KRON4 has the video of that whale that washed up Saturday morning along the coastline at Pebble Beach.
Experts say Monterey Bay has seen a large influx of whales in the area, which may mean limited food supply.
The total population of humpback whales in the area is around 2,500.
A necropsy is scheduled to determine the exact cause of death.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ELDERLY WOMAN KILLED AFTER STANDOFF WITH SUSPECT IN SF
- SCARAMUCCI OUT AS WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
- FREMONT MAN ACCUSED OF TRYING TO EXTORT COUPLE WITH SEX TAPE
- VIDEO: MOTHER WARNS PARENTS AFTER BABY INFECTED WITH COLD SORES
- VIDEO: MOM, 2 SONS HIT BY CAR IN SAFEWAY PARKING LOT
- MAN ACCUSED OF RAPE ARRESTED AGAIN FOR SEX ACT WITH SAME TEEN