VIDEO: Dog OK after swallowing 21 pacifiers

News

(KRON) — An Oklahoma family noticed that their dog didn’t seem to be feeling well, so they took her to the vet.

That’s where they were shocked to find out she swallowed 21 pacifiers.

Dr. Chris Rispoli has cared for 4-year-old Shar-Pei Dovey since she was a pup, so when her owner brought her in to be examined Wednesday, he was immediately concerned by how much weight the dog had lost in so little time.

“Dad said Grandma had seen her jump up on the counter and grab one of the baby’s pacifiers, and they had been missing a lot of pacifiers,” Rispoli said.

An X-ray revealed Dovey knew exactly where those missing pacifiers were – in her stomach – a fact that left her family and even Rispoli in disbelief.

“In 20 years, this is the craziest surgery I’ve ever done,” Rispoli said. “They were pretty stunned because we thought there were seven to nine in there, and I pulled out 21.”

Rispoli says the unusual case comes with a simple reminder: “put things away.”

“Don’t leave them on the countertop,” Rispoli said.

The dog is expected to be OK.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON: 

>>MORE STORIES 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tracking COVID-19 in the Bay Area

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News