SAN JOSE (KRON)–Fire crews in San Jose raced to the scene of a fire on the Willow Street Bridge heavily used by Caltrain early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:25 a.m. near the Guadalupe Parkway. The flames engulfed the wooden train trestle.
The fire was knocked down within an hour. Fire officials believe the fire may have been started by a homeless person who lives in one of the encampments in the area.
Caltrain has trains going through the area on a single track, but say delays are expected to be minimal.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SUSPECT SKETCHES, 911 CALL RELEASED IN SHERRI PAPINI KIDNAPPING
- 3 MEN ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE KILLING, ACCUSED OF TARGETING BROTHELS
- 3 SF PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- OFFICER TAKES KID TO MCDONALDS ON BDAY AFTER NO ONE PICKS HIM UP
- FEMALE GANG MEMBER’S ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT GOES VIRAL
- TEEN TO BE TRIED AS ADULT IN MURDER OF 8-YEAR-OLD MADDY MIDDLETON
- POLICE: 8-YEAR-OLD BRINGS GUN TO EAST BAY SCHOOL