DETROIT (KRON/CNN) — General Motors is rolling out an app that lets you buy food or make hotel reservations by simply touching a button in your car.
It’s called Marketplace and it debuts this month in all 2017 and 2018 Chevy, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac models.
Marketplace can be pressed via a touch screen on the car’s dashboard.
The app is free, but the number of available vendors is limited for now.
Shell, Exxon-Mobil, Starbucks, TGI Friday’s, and Priceline are among the companies you can choose to work with on “Marketplace.”
The app also lets drivers know about discounts on GM parts and accessories.
GM says no customer data will be shared with vendors without the customer’s consent.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ONLY ON 4: JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW WITH GHOST SHIP’S DERICK ALMENA
- FEDS FILE NEW CHARGES AGAINST MAN ACQUITTED IN KATE STEINLE CASE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018