DALTON, Georgia (KRON/CNN) — A video of a dog tearing up a car is taking social media by storm.
Now, the Georgia woman behind the wheel of that vehicle is receiving death threats.
Jessica Dilallo says she’s been getting death threats since posting the video on Facebook.
In the video, Jessica says she wanted police to shoot or use a stun device on the dog because she was scared it would hurt someone.
However, many people over social media disagreed, saying the dog just needed time to cool off.
Police decided not to shoot or use a stun device because the dog was not aggressive toward people, only property.
“If we just run the dog off, pepper spray it or tase it, it may turn on us and then we would be forced to kill it because it would be attacking one of us,” Jessica said.
Police say the dog was trying to rip the bumper off the car to get to two cats under the hood.
Instead of causing harm to the dog, police waited for another officer to show with a catchpole to safely capture the dog who’s back home with his owners on Thursday night.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- GARCIA ZARATE FOUND NOT GUILTY OF KILLING KATE STEINLE
- FULL COVERAGE: KATE STEINLE SHOOTING CASE
- BOY DIES AFTER MOM REFUSES TO TAKE HIM TO DOCTOR
- POLICE IDENTIFY RENO HIGH-RISE GUNMAN KILLED BY SWAT
- CAR YOU DRIVE REVEALS IF YOU ARE DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN
- WATCH LIVE: KRON4 NEWSCASTS