NEVADA (KRON) — O.J. Simpson could be released this year on parole after spending nearly a decade behind bars.
Simpson is scheduled for a parole hearing this July.
The former NFL star turned actor is serving nine to 33 years in prison at a prison 90 miles east of Reno, Nevada.
In 2008 he was convicted of several felony charges, including kidnapping, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit a violent crime.
Those charges are unrelated to the trial following the murders of Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, dubbed the “trial of the century.”WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE STATE FOOTBALL PLAYER RECOVERING AFTER STABBING
- TEEN DROWNS IN SAN JOAQUIN RIVER DAYS BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
- PEDIATRICIANS: CHILDREN UNDER AGE 1 SHOULD NOT HAVE FRUIT JUICE
- RESEARCHERS NEED VOLUNTEERS TO SMOKE POT FOR STUDY
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: BAY TO BREAKERS AND BOOZE
- SHOCKING VIDEO: SEA LION SNATCHES GIRL FROM PIER