WALNUT CREEK (KRON) — Police have determined there is no threat toward the Contra Costa School of Performing Arts in Walnut Creek Friday morning.
School officials tell KRON4 there was a possibility of a threat in which they took very seriously.
Walnut Creek Police Officers were called to campus to bulk up security.
Officers interviewed students, and after a brief investigation declared the campus safe.
The school was never officially on lock down.
Contra Costa School of Performing Arts is a public charter school for children in grades 6-12.
This comes just two days after 17 people were killed in a mass shooting at a Florida high school.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE: FLORIDA GUNMAN CONFESSED TO HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING
- SOURCES: SUSPECT ACCUSED IN DEADLY STABBING HAD DISTURBING PAST
- HERO COACH, FUTURE COLLEGE SWIMMER AMONG FLORIDA VICTIMS
- ‘ROUND 2 OF FLORIDA’ SNAPCHAT THREAT LEADS TO ARREST
- TEEN BRUTALLY STABBED, LEFT FOR DEAD NEAR LIVERMORE IDENTIFIED
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE