SAN FRANCISCO (KRON/CNN) — It’s a long trip from Tokyo to San Francisco, especially if you plan to swim the whole way.
That’s what an environmental activist says he plans to do.
He says he’ll be swimming across the “great Pacific garbage patch” as part of a research project.
The journey is 5,500 miles.
Watch the above video to see the full report.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATER NOT DRINKABLE, USABLE IN PARTS OF ALAMEDA
- OAKLAND A’S SETTLE ON SITE FOR NEW BALLPARK
- 6 DIE AFTER NURSING HOME LEFT WITH NO A/C FROM IRMA
- TRIPLE SHOOTING LEAVES 1 DEAD IN SAN FRANCISCO
- ‘WORST 45 MIN. OF MY LIFE:’ POLICE WARN OF KIDNAPPING SCAM
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP