BERKELEY (KRON) — Berkeley’s City Council has voted to slash the tax rate it collects on recreational pot, even though it’s only been a little more than a month since it was legal to sell it.
KRON4’s Maureen Kelly talked with customers and employees at a Berkeley dispensary.
People there say the change will help the dispensary stay competitive, but who they are competing against might surprise you.
Watch the above video to see Maureen’s full report.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN DYING WORDS LEAD DEPUTIES TO HER SUSPECTED KILLERS
- COUNSELOR WHO WORKED WITH DEAF KIDS ACCUSED OF MOLESTATION
- BOY CRAWLS A QUARTER OF A MILE HOME AFTER HIT-AND-RUN
- SUSPECTED POACHER MAULED TO DEATH, EATEN BY LIONS
- 5TH SUSPECT WANTED IN DEADLY NORTH BAY HOME INVASIONS
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE