SAN MATEO (KRON) – The San Mateo Police Department was searching for a suspect who is accused of attacking a 67-year-old woman on Tuesday.
But at around 5 p.m., 36-year-old Sherry Bernally was arrested. A tip from a citizen directed police to the 2700 block of Hacienda, where Bernally was found, police said.
She was booked into San Mateo County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon (not a gun) and elder abuse with great bodily injury.
According to police, the unprovoked attack happened around 9:30 a.m as the victim, a resident of Palo Alto, was walking in the 2600 block of South El Camino Real.
Officers said, the female suspect walked up to the victim and knocked her to the ground.
Once on the ground, the woman repeatedly kicked the victim.
Police described the suspect as a Hispanic woman, around 35-45 years old, 170-pounds and was wearing all black clothing.
She was seen in the area of 25th Avenue and South El Camino Real pushing a red shopping cart.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BAY AREA SEES MORE THAN 800 LIGHTNING STRIKES DURING THUNDERSTORM
- VIDEO: MOUSE IN MRS. FIELD’S COOKIE DISPLAY CASE
- VIDEO: U.C. BERKELEY OFFICER TAKES HOT DOG VENDOR’S MONEY
- TRANS ACTIVIST SHOT, KILLED OUTSIDE SAN FRANCISCO CLUB
- KENTUCKY BOY FOUND DEAD AFTER BEING ABDUCTED WITH HIS MOTHER
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: OLD PARKING HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK