(KRON) — A Florida woman tried to fake a workplace injury, but her scam was caught on camera.
In the video, the woman is seen sitting at her desk. All of a sudden, a sprinkler head falls from the ceiling and onto her desk.
The woman picks up the sprinkler, looks at it, then hits herself in the head with it.
It was a failed attempt at getting workers compensation.
But the insurance company became suspicious and launched an investigation after her employers filed a compensation claim,
That’s when they found the surveillance video of what actually happened.
The woman has been sentenced to 18-month probation for fraud.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DOUBLE HOMICIDE SUSPECT SHOT AND KILLED BY SAN JOSE POLICE
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- VIDEO: STABBING SUSPECT KILLED IN SAN FRANCISCO POLICE SHOOTING
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES
- VIDEO: VIOLENT BRAWL ERUPTS BETWEEN PASSENGERS ON LA-BOUND FLIGHT
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: PLEASANT HILL MAIL THEFT