SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) — The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department has a suspect in custody for the double murder on a Jenner beach that happened more than a decade ago.
Lindsay Cutshall and Jason Allen were shot in killed in their sleeping bags while camping on Fish Head Beach in August 2004.
Shaun Gallon, 38, has been identified as the suspect. He was in custody for the murder of his brother when deputies questioned him on the Jenner murders.
“We are confident that we have Jason and Lindsay’s killers, ” said an official with the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Offical.
Authorities say Gallon had information on the killings that no other person could have known. They also said they have gathered evidence linking Gallon to the crime.
Investigators believe the murders were random and that Gallon did not have any connection to the couple.
Gallon was arrested on March 25 for the murder of his brother in Forestville.
No one has ever been charged in the killings, and no motive has ever been made public. The Sonoma County sheriff’s dispatchers said they had no more immediate information Friday morning.
From the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office:Today at 10:30 AM the Sheriff’s Office will have a press conference regarding major developments in the 2004 Jenner double murder case. The press conference will be held at the Sheriff’s Office building at 2796 Ventura Avenue in Santa Rosa. Please arrive by 10:15 AM. No additional information will be provided until the press conference.
A KRON4 reporter will be at the news conference. We will update this story immediately with developments.
Sonoma Sheriff to hold press conference at 10:30 AM re Jenner double homicide from 2004.
— Sonoma Sheriff (@sonomasheriff) May 5, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FLARING AT VALERO REFINERY PROMPTS EVACUATIONS IN BENICIA
- SUSPECT IN CUSTODY FOR 2004 JENNER BEACH MURDERS
- JOAQUIN ‘EL CHAPO’ GUZMAN WILL BE TRIED IN US IN APRIL 2018
- LARGE SINKHOLE SWALLOWS BIG RIG IN SAN FRANCISCO
- SAN JOSE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT MAN WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED EX’S PARENTS
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- TEEN WITH AUTISM DENIED UN TRIP HE WON WITH ESSAY CONTEST
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY