Vigils have been held around the world in the wake of the Christchurch terror attack, including here in the Bay Area — Another vigil began at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning in San Jose.
The South Bay Islamic Association held a prayer gathering at 2345 Harris Way, and more vigils will be held across the Bay throughout the day.
Inside dozens of people prayed for the families healing from the loss of loved ones and for those who were killed in the two mosques.
People also prayed for fellow Muslims to be strong and have unity during this time of terror.
At 7:30 p.m., a vigil is being held at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library on the campus of San Jose State University in San Jose.
At 8 p.m., the Pacific Institute will hold two vigils at 1257 Tasman Drive in Sunnyvale and 979 San Pablo Avenue in Albany.
A remembrance will be held on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at the Muslim Community Center-East Bay at 5724 W. Las Positas Boulevard in Pleasanton.
Then at 5:30 p.m. a candlelight vigil will be held in the Multifaith Sanctuary in St. Joseph’s Hall at Santa Clara University.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: 13 BAY AREA PARENTS CHARGED
- FATHER OF MURDER VICTIM SPEAKS AFTER DEATH ROW EXECUTIONS HALTED
- MOSQUE SHOOTER ID’D AS WHITE SUPREMACIST ANGRY AT IMMIGRANTS
- BRIDE FINDS HIDDEN MESSAGE FROM HER LATE MOTHER ON WEDDING HEELS
- PD: TEEN KILLS GIRLFRIEND’S PUPPY AFTER SHE DIDN’T COME HOME ON TIME