(KRON/CNN) — It’s a sad day for cat lovers.
Internet famous cat Lil Bub has died at the age of eight.
Lil Bub was known for her tongue that stuck out and her small size, which was due to a severe case of feline dwarfism.
She rose to fame in 2012 after appearing on the front page of Reddit and has since gained 2.3 million Instagram followers and close to 2 million Facebook subscribers.
According to her official Instagram page, she died in her sleep Sunday after battling a rare bone disease.
In her life, Lil Bub did a lot of good. She helped raise more than $700,000 for animals with special needs just like her.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Pearl Harbor shooting unfolded in 23 seconds in packed area
- Officials list pot vape brands reported in US outbreak
- Powerful storm to soak Bay Area this weekend
- Pleasanton police increasing patrols during holiday season to deter crimes
- Flooding concerns ahead of storm in areas burned during Sonoma County’s Kincade Fire