More than 65 percent of voters approved Measure P Wednesday morning.
Measure P has received about 69 percent of the vote with 95 percent of precincts reporting.
The “head tax” would replace one that charged most businesses $30 a year and would dock Google about $3.3 million.
Most of the money will go toward transit projects.
The tax is scheduled to start in 2020.
- YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS
- LIVE CALIFORNIA MIDTERM ELECTION RESULTS
- TIMELINE RELEASED IN DEADLY YOUNTVILLE VETERAN’S HOME SHOOTING
- IS PREGNANCY CONTAGIOUS? RESEARCHERS SAY YES
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT