BENTONVILLE, ARK. (WCMH/WSPA) — Walmart says it has given many of its U.S. workers a bonus after strong fourth-quarter sales growth.
According to a release, 912,000 of Walmart associates received a share of nearly $207 million in cash bonuses.
Workers received the bonuses in paychecks issued Thursday.
Walmart employees in South Carolina received more than $4.2 million in bonuses.
“Our associates’ hard work makes the difference in our stores’ performance. Walmart is investing in
associates and creating opportunities for good career growth. Our pay and bonus increases are
a way of thanking our people across South Carolina and sharing in success together,” Sean Real,
regional general manager of Walmart’s South Carolina stores, said in a statement.
Both full and part-time associates are eligible for cash bonuses based on store performance.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US