Walnut Creek, Calif. – (BCN) A suspect is being sought in a series of sexual batteries on the Iron Horse Trail near the intersection of Jones Road and Treat Boulevard in Walnut Creek, the East Bay Regional Park District Police Department.
There have been six incidents reported since March involving female joggers being grabbed inappropriately from behind by a male assailant.
The incidents have taken place between 4 and 6 p.m. A suspect has not been identified to date, but police are circulating a photo taken by a witness of the most recent incident on Friday.
Witnesses describe the assailant as a male about 25 to 35 years old, standing around 5-foot-10.
Anyone who witnessed the assaults or may have information regarding the identity of the assailant is urged to contact the department dispatch center at (510)881-1833.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- California virus deaths top 7,000 as case numbers climb too
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Some coronavirus restrictions reimposed in Sonoma County after cases spike
- Anti-racism rally held after BLM mural painted over in Martinez