SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KRON) – The Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office is warning of a phone scam targeting the elderly.
This week, there were two reports of scammers calling people posing as a grandchild in need of money to be bailed out of jail.
The scammers are even finding personal information to gain the victim’s trust, according to authorities.
- Evacuation orders lifted for Santa Cruz wildfires
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Heartwarming story behind Bernie Sanders’ iconic inauguration mittens
- Trump extends Secret Service protection for family: report
- Kamala Harris sworn in as first female, Black, and South Asian VP of the United States