Andrea Bocelli sang at the Duomo of Milan on Easter Sunday sending a message of love and hope to the world during the coronavirus pandemic.
The performance was live on Bocelli’s YouTube channel. You can rewatch the performance in the player above.
The Italian tenor says it a “prayer.”
Bocelli sang at the historic cathedral for an audience of none because the Duomo, like most public places, are closed because of the spreading coronavirus.
He was accompanied by cathedral organist Emanuele Vianelli.
He’s crafted and arranged a special set for the event, which will include holy songs like “Ave Maria” and “Sancta Maria.”
Italy has more than 135,00 confirmed cases and over 16,500 deaths from the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Tubbs Fire survivor evacuates once again as Glass Fire erupts
- Biden on Proud Boys: ‘Cease and desist. The American people will decide next POTUS’
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Dad accused of letting 13-year-old drive them to get ice cream while he was drunk