The White House says it has suspended the press pass of CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta.
The suspension comes after a heated confrontation Wednesday between Acosta and President Donald Trump during a news conference.
They began sparring after Acosta asked Trump about the caravan of migrants heading from Latin America to the southern U.S. border. When Acosta tried to follow up with another question, Trump said, “That’s enough!” and a White House aide unsuccessfully tried to grab the microphone from Acosta.
I’ve just been denied entrance to the WH. Secret Service just informed me I cannot enter the WH grounds for my 8pm hit— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) November 8, 2018
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has released a statement accusing Acosta of “placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern,” calling it “absolutely unacceptable.”
- 2018 CALIFORNIA PROPOSITIONS: RESULTS FOR STATEWIDE MEASURES
- YEAR-ROUND DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME PLAN APPROVED BY CALIFORNIA
- CALIFORNIA VOTERS REJECT GAS TAX REPEAL
- DEAD BROTHEL OWNER WINS ELECTION FOR NEVADA LEGISLATIVE SEAT
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT