A woman was arrested after police say she tricked several Bay Area men into relationships and then stole from them.
44-year-old Sunmee Kim was taken into custody on Monday at a hotel in Burlingame.
In June, Kim was arrested in Palo Alto following an ongoing investigation but then failed to report to her probation officer for court appearances.
Police say she is notorious for connecting with victims on Korean dating sites, like KoreanCupid.com, and would develop a relationship with them.
She would then call the police and claim she was a victim of domestic violence.
When the accused partner was removed from the home, police say Kim would steal valuables from them.
During her arrest, police found credit cards belonging to victims.
Lieutenant Mike Canfield with the Mountain View Police Department said:
“I applaud our detectives’ relentlessness as they pursued this case. Kim’s abuse of services that should be used to help real victims of domestic violence is appalling, and we will do all we can to ensure she cannot ensnare and victimize again.”
- 2018 CALIFORNIA PROPOSITIONS: RESULTS FOR STATEWIDE MEASURES
- YEAR-ROUND DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME PLAN APPROVED BY CALIFORNIA
- CALIFORNIA VOTERS REJECT GAS TAX REPEAL
- DEAD BROTHEL OWNER WINS ELECTION FOR NEVADA LEGISLATIVE SEAT
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT