Woman burned in Pinole house fire airlifted to hospital

News
fire-generic-120913_158301

PINOLE (BCN) — A Pinole resident suffered burn injuries in a fire that caused an estimated $72,000 in damage to her home Thursday evening, according to the

Rodeo-Hercules Fire District.

Fire crews were initially dispatched to the blaze shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Peach Street.

Responding crews described finding thick smoke billowing from the front door and windows of the home. They discovered that the home’s living room was engulfed in flames, according to the fire district.

The fire district’s personnel, who were assisted by Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and Pinole Fire Department, extinguished the fire before it spread to neighboring homes.

Although no personnel were injured during the operation, an owner was found at the scene with second-degree burns to about 30 percent of her body.

She was flown to Santa Clara Valley Burn Center, according to fire district officials.

Battalion Chief Bryan Craig said the blaze was believed to be used by a floor heater that had an object left too close to it.

There was a large amount of belongings inside the older home, Craig said, so additional crews were required for salvage and overhaul. Crews had not completed the work until 8:38 p.m.

The home had significant damage to the interior and roof structure and sustained an estimated $72,000 in damage, Craig said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tracking COVID-19 in the Bay Area

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News