BURNHAM, Maine (AP) — The state medical examiner’s office says a 72-year-old Maine woman died from a heart attack after a naked trespasser jumped into bed with her during a home invasion.
The Morning Sentinel obtained a medical examiner’s report saying Joyce Woods suffered from coronary artery disease and died of shock during the April home invasion.
Thirty-six-year-old Tara Shibles was indicted in May on manslaughter, aggravated criminal trespassing and assault charges. Her trial is tentatively set for December.
Efforts to reach Shibles on Wednesday were unsuccessful.
Police say Woods called 911 early April 2 after Shibles climbed into bed with her and refused to let her turn on the light. Woods’ family members arrived before police and placed her in a car, where she died.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIRGINIA RALLY ATTENDEE NO LONGER EMPLOYED AT BERKELEY’S TOP DOG
- RALLY HELD FOR OAKLAND NURSE BEING DEPORTED BACK TO MEXICO
- N. KOREAN LEADER BRIEFED ON GUAM MISSILE-LAUNCH PLAN
- POLICE: 5 INJURED IN DRIVE-BY SHOOTING IN SAN JOSE
- 4-YEAR-OLD SHOT SEVERAL TIMES AT STOCKTON GAS STATION
- DAD TELLS DAUGHTER HE KILLED HER MOM 30 YEARS AGO