It’s alarming news for residents who live on Columbet Avenue in the unincorporated part of Gilroy.
Deputies arrested 35-year-old Hipolito Martinez on Sunday.
They say he attacked his female neighbor inside her home and attempted to take her clothes off.
She defended herself and escaped her own home.
He chased her outside and tried to drag her back inside.
She fought back and ran for help.
It all happened in broad daylight.
“I guess we just have to be careful these days,” said Maria Canlas.
With its quiet roads full of farm animals leading up to wine country, longtime resident Maria Canlas left South San Francisco for life in the country.
It’s hard to imagine something like this happened just down the road.
“It’s fairly a quiet neighborhood, you know people are friendly, but of course there’s more people coming in now, moving in, we don’t know all the neighbors yet,” said Canlas.
Cops found Martinez hiding in a nearby culvert.
He’s facing a number of charges including kidnapping, burglary, and assault with attempt to commit a felony.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION