A woman who threw a Chihuahua to its death from the seventh floor of a San Francisco parking garage has been sentenced to three years in jail.
Wakeen “LaLa” Best was sentenced Thursday for animal cruelty, auto burglary and vandalism.
Best swore at the judge after he refused to let her serve time in a drug treatment facility.
Prosecutors say Best — who has a long criminal record — entered the Stockton-Sutter Street Garage in February, broke into a parked Mercedes and took a 4-year-old male Chihuahua named Dunky while the owner was at lunch.
Authorities say the dog barked at the intruder and she tossed it off the building.
Investigators identified Best as the suspect based on surveillance video.
- MAN KILLED IN FRONT OF SAN JOSE HOME WITH FAMILY INSIDE
- VIDEO: CAR RUNS STOP SIGN, SLAMS INTO 2 KIDS IN SAN JOSE
- DREAM JOB: GET PAID $120K TO VACATION FOR A YEAR IN MEXICO
- 7-YEAR-OLD GIRL KILLED BY BOAT IN BASS LAKE ON LABOR DAY
- NEO-NAZI GROUP CALLS FOR DEATH OF ALL LATINOS IN US IN ROBOCALL