SAN JOSE (KRON) – Police in San Jose are investigating after a woman was shot and killed Monday night.
It happened just before 10 p.m. in the 5200 block of Monterey Road near Roeder Road and Chynoweth Avenue.
Police said officers responded to the scene on a report of a person shot.
Officers found a woman suffering from at least one gunshot wound; she died at the scene.
Police said the motive and circumstances surrounding the shooting remain under investigation.
No suspects have been identified or arrested.
This is the city’s 26th homicide this year.
Anyone with information is asked to call San Jose PD’s Homicide Unit at 408-277-5283.
Latest News Headlines:
- Spying, disinformation accusations follow UFO figure Rick Doty — an exclusive interview
- New Mexico sues Google over collection of children’s data
- Man charged with sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl in Chicago restaurant bathroom
- 6th man claims sexual abuse by University of Michigan doctor
- McClymonds HS in Oakland shuts down after chemical found in groundwater on campus