For the 10th time in the past 13 months, an American death is linked to the Dominican Republic.
Vittorio Caruso of New York died last week, according to CNN affiliate News 12 Long Island.
Family members told the station that Caruso died after falling victim to respiratory distress.
He may have also had a heart attack.
Dominican Republic officials have said that the 10 traveler deaths are isolated events.
Two of the victims were reportedly found at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana.
On Sunday, the resort said it would remove alcoholic dispensers located in guest room minibars.
The resort says the decision was made independently and not as a result of the incidents.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- CALIFORNIA GAS TAX TO INCREASE JULY 1
- PRIDE FLAG FLIES AT STATE CAPITOL FOR FIRST TIME IN STATE HISTORY
- JIMMY BUFFET FANS GET MYSTERIOUSLY SICK IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- HARVARD PULLS PARKLAND GRAD’S ADMISSION OVER RACIST COMMENTS
- BOY FIGHTS OFF INTRUDER WITH MACHETE