LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) – Rescue efforts are underway in Nigeria after a three-story building school building collapsed while classes were in session.
Scores of children are thought to be inside.
Associated Press video from the scene on Wednesday shows at least one dust-covered child being carried out of the rubble.
Onlookers crowd around in the densely populated neighborhood in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital.
They cheered as the child was lifted out.
Building collapses are all too common in Nigeria, where new construction often goes up without regulatory oversight.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS