BRAZIL (KRON) - On Saturday morning, a 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck 55.3 miles west of Tarauaca, Brazil.
Around 11:25 a.m. Pacific Time the quake reportedly struck 357.28 miles deep.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, only a few people have reported having felt the quake, at this time.
Even being a larger magnitude quake, it remains a 'green alert' related to fatalities and economic losses meaning it has a low likelihood of causing damages.
- HAYWARD MAN GETS 30 DAYS IN JAIL FOR BRUTAL BEATING OF DOG
- WOMAN IN VEGATATIVE STATE FOR OVER A DECADE GIVES BIRTH
- RESTAURANT FORCED BY CITY TO TAKE DOWN 'OFFENSIVE' SIGN WITH NAME
- GET PAID $130K TO BE LIGHTHOUSE CARETAKER IN EAST BAY
- PD: WOMAN ATTACKS PARENTS FOR NOT GOING TO OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County