LONDON (AP) — A beaming Prince Harry says he and his wife Meghan have a healthy baby boy.
Harry says he’s “incredibly proud” of his wife after she gave birth early Monday morning.
The baby weighs 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and palace officials say he was born at 5:26 a.m. Monday.
The infant, now the seventh in line to the British throne, has not yet been named.
The prince says he is “over the moon” about the birth of their first child and said more details will be shared in the coming days.
He spoke Monday before TV cameras.
Officials say senior royals including Queen Elizabeth II have been informed of the birth, as has the family of his late mother, Princess Diana.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE