Everything may be bigger in Texas, but the folks down under win first prize this time around.
Check out the size of this avocado!
It’s nicknamed “Avozilla,” and it’s five times the size of a normal avocado.
It weighs in at almost three pounds and can cost up to $16 for a single berry.
That’s right – avocados are technically single-seeded berries.
This giant is grown by a farmer in central Queensland.
It’s not the first time it’s been available in stores, but it’s still catching shoppers off guard.
“It’s got a creamy flavor with a nutty taste at the end. Wonderful that we have them for a short season, only for about, I would say probably about a month.”
The farmer behind “Avozilla” isn’t saying how he achieves such a monstrous size, but he promises it’s not genetically modified.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY