BEIJING (AP) — Virus death toll nears 1,400 in China.
China has reported another sharp rise in the number of people infected with a new virus, as the death toll neared 1,400.
The National Health Commission said Friday that 121 more people had died and there were 5,090 new confirmed cases.
Latest Coronavirus Headlines:
- Some Indian COVID patients developing sometimes-fatal ‘black fungus’
- Italian woman mistakenly given 6 shots of Pfizer COVID vaccine
- Pfizer COVID-19 shot expanded to U.S. children as young as 12
- Dracula’s castle proves an ideal setting for COVID-19 vaccines
- It may be time to relax indoor mask rules, Fauci says