(CNN) – A deadly U.S. aistrike in Iraq is impacting oil prices.
Futures for Brent Crude – a global benchmark – jumped 5.4% to $69.08 per barrel on Friday.
U.S. oil futures gained 4.1%, reaching $63.69 per barrel.
Both are on track for their biggest daily gains in about a month.
Qasem Soleimani – a top Iranian general – was killed in the airstrike ordered by President Donald Trump.
The Pentagon says that Soleimani was “actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members.”
Iranian president Hassan Rouhani said in a statement that his country would take revenge for Soleimani’s death.
- U.S. ‘turning a corner’ in COVID surge, UCSF doctor says
- 33 missing children, some who were sexually exploited, found in CA operation: FBI
- They’re ‘noncitizens’ not ‘aliens,’ Biden administration says
- Bus heading to Grand Canyon rolls over; 1 dead, 2 critical
- Hazmat team responds to ammonia spill in San Jose