Welcome to McHive — the world’s smallest McDonald’s restaurant.
If you’re human, sorry this isn’t for you.
The tiny McDonald’s restaurant was built specifically for bees!
McHive is a fully functioning beehive, created in partnership with Nord DDB, who uploaded the video on YouTube.
The restaurant mirrors a life-size restaurant, complete with a McDonald’s “drive-thru,” patio seating, ads on the windows, and the McDonald’s sign of course.
McDonald’s commissioned the project to pay homage to its restaurants in Sweden with beehives on their rooftops.
According to Nord DDB, “more franchisees around the country are joining the cause and have also started replacing the grass around their restaurants with flowers and plants that are important for the wellbeing of wild bees.”
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS