(CNN) – Scotland may soon make all period products free.
Scottish Parliament approved Tuesday the first stage of the plan, which they say can help end “period poverty,” making tampons and pads completely free for those in need.
All parties on Thursday backed the Period Products Free provision bill.
The government is now expected to make amendments and address a big concern – the costs.
The initiative could cost more than $31 million annually.
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill
- Kenosha shooter’s defense portrays him as ‘American patriot’