SRI LANKA (CNN) – More than a dozen people were trampled by elephant during a parade in Sri Lanka Saturday.
One of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another animal.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital; the extent of their injuries isn’t known at this time.
The parade continued after the incident.
For the past 119 years, the area has held a procession in honor of the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha.
Latest News Headlines:
- Tokyo Disneyland temporarily closed due to coronavirus outbreak
- Oakland Police Commission measure questioned after police chief fired
- Vehicle-pedestrian collision leaves 1 dead, 1 hospitalized in Antioch
- Facebook cancels annual F8 conference due to coronavirus concerns
- CDC responds to California coronavirus cases