PARIS (KRON) – Police in France continue to search for the shooter who allegedly opened fire at a restaurant in the Paris suburbs, fatally shooting a waiter for taking too long to make a sandwich, according to witnesses.
Local publication Le Parisien said the incident happened at Le Mistral, located in the Paris suburb of Noisy-le-Grand, about 10 miles east of Paris.
According to Agence France-Presse, the waiter died at the scene after being shot in the shoulder.
The restaurant had opened only a few months ago, AFP reported.
The prosecutor’s office confirmed to CNN that witnesses said the man was angry about the length of time taken to make his sandwich.
Officials said a murder investigation is underway.
Some local residents note the attack may be linked to drug use and public intoxication in the area, according to Le Parisien.
Latest News Headlines:
- Mistakes send Raiders to loss to Patriots
- How to watch the first presidential debate
- Solar storms may bring northern lights show to parts of the U.S.
- United Airlines pilots approve deal that delays furloughs
- Q&A: Will the Trump administration be able to ban TikTok?