CHINA (KETK/CNN) — One day when you watch the news, you could be seeing a virtual journalist.
China’s state news agency debuted a virtual anchor last week.
The artificial intelligence presenter is designed to deliver the news 24 hours a day.
It is modeled on a real-life Chinese anchor.
It tries to simulate human voice, facial expressions, and gestures.
The developer believes the technology will reduce costs and improve efficiency, especially for websites and social media.
China’s state-run television channels haven’t revealed if they will be using the technology.
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- HORSE SEEKS REFUGE IN SWIMMING POOL DURING CAMP FIRE
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE
- SEARCH FOR CAMP FIRE VICTIMS INTENSIFIES IN PARADISE
aled is they will be using the technology.