The 2019 preseason lottery to get permits to hike Half Dome will open Mar. 13 at 7 a.m., Yosemite National Park announced on Tuesday.
In order to go on the hike, you are required to have a permit. The lottery will close on Mar. 31 at 9 p.m.
Hikers are able to go up Half Dome seven-days a week when cables are up, typically from late May to early October.
Every spring, park rangers put cables up and at the end of the season in fall, they take them down.
In addition to the preseason lottery, a daily lottery will begin during the hiking season.
There are 225 permits available per day for the preseason lottery.
Click here for more information on how to get your permit.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US
- GROWING NUMBER OF HOMEOWNERS MOVING OUT OF BAY AREA
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR NATIONAL PARK IS IN THE BAY AREA
- TEEN ALLEGEDLY ADMITS TO SPIKING STEPDAD’S DRINK WITH SEDATIVES
- 5-YEAR-OLD BOY CALLS POLICE ON ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’